SS14 - Ascension Insights SS14 - Ascension Insights

bend the mind to bend the world.

to those who would believe in nothing beyond themselves: i'm sorry that you are choosing to dead end yourselves. you are right: all is chaos. but from chaos, from abstraction, our interpretations of the information before us brings cohesive form to the world in which we live. it is precisely our delusions which shape our worlds.

the first to think;;the first to discover;;the first to create.
be-a-ware the resting points of (y)our attentions.

~sleight of mind~
X_X

Revengineering Revengineering

Good sense of movement

your shapes could be a little bit more refined, but you're on the right track. details are all in the right place; consistent with stylization.

pro tip: practice gunslinger with the frontier koth_harvest. once you figure it out you can carry most maps as an engie on offense. its pretty sick.

daigonite responds:

Thanks. I think I'll be making another one soon. I have some ideas in mind for Spy.

Gunslinger Engie is hilariously fun, and I love playing aggressively. :)

When Reality Hits You When Reality Hits You

keep this up. . .

. . . and you're a sure ringer for Master of the Obvious 2011.

Madness: Project Nexus Madness: Project Nexus

great game. certainly an improvement over the old one.
i'm not exactly getting slow-downs, but in rooms with larger amounts of enemies i'll get terrible input lag. frame rate doesn't flinch, but my inputs will be about 3 seconds off time.

Hot Tub Heist Hot Tub Heist

Slick game. lots of polish. good music. interesting take on the 'falling' style of game. quite challenging too. all around a very good submission.

here's my problem with it: it feels a little too cramped. to the point where being inside the building at all is suicide at day 4 on. i find gameplay breaks down to just flipping back and forth from left to right side while snagging the exterior coins with dashes while avoiding the interior altogether. i feel the game would benefit greatly from an increase in space between the ship and the bottom of the screen. it doesn't matter if the ship latches at the same point it currently does. being able to at least see the next floor would make the building more viable as a play space for later levels.

Toys Vs Nightmares Toys Vs Nightmares

well now. . .

i might as well go play plants vs zombies. i get it; i know that all progress is basically standing on the shoulders of what came before, but there's very little effort made to create something original here. save for the book mechanic; which in theory sounds good, but in practice becomes a click fest rivaling diablo2, but lacks any of the reward or variation. its a good way to strain your fingers i guess.

this is about as direct a clone as you can get. even right down to the order in which you unlock the plants. . . erm, toys i mean.

Twitching Dinosaurs Twitching Dinosaurs

Clever

you have an ear that's for sure.
though i'm a sucker for zone out music.
stay honest with yourself, keep your aim. you'll get there.
don't be afraid to step behind the curtain.

yes men yes men

i bet somebody likes aphex twin.

linda-mota responds:

Yes I do actually! Haha!

Creation Creation

i dig your work. great use of color all around.

does that silver thread represent what i think it does?

YouAreNotAlone responds:

Thanx)
Well, it's kind of a chain. This char got quite an epic story and this silver chain reflects the part when she resurrected her dead friend by plasing a "demon" into his lifeless body. As a result of her reckless actions, he turns into a strange monstrous hybrid with an unstable personality, and she, feeling guilty and responcible for him, use this thing to control what remains of her friend, while she's searching for a way to cure him... or put out of misery.

The Wolf and the Fox The Wolf and the Fox

well . . .

i won't even comment on the subject matter, however, i am curious as to how/why in the fuck there are two sets of nuts pressed against each other. this is an anatomical impossibility. no creature has its anus located between cock and balls. stop being stupid. that is; unless this top creature in fact has two separately colored sacks. in which case i pretend to support your artsyness or whatever.

insert quarter; try again.